Room 5 at St Mary's School Hokitika is a year 5 and 6 class. We have 27 students and are busy, fun and energetic!
The greatest skill in life is learning how to learn.
Ms L i am pretty sure when the earthquake has happened say if it was 7.1, and the after shocks were say 2.1-5.1 then it must happen if it goes over the 7.1 or so close to it. I think
I agree with you Becky. I wonder if there is an actual scientific definition. I was thinking that 5.1 is quite a big shake and it seems funny to call it an aftershock. If we had a bigger shake than 7.1 after the 7.1 would that be an "earthquake" or an "aftershock"?
Ms L i am pretty sure when the earthquake has happened say if it was 7.1, and the after shocks were say 2.1-5.1 then it must happen if it goes over the 7.1 or so close to it. I think
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Becky. I wonder if there is an actual scientific definition. I was thinking that 5.1 is quite a big shake and it seems funny to call it an aftershock. If we had a bigger shake than 7.1 after the 7.1 would that be an "earthquake" or an "aftershock"?
ReplyDeleteif it is over the the level of the first quake that would be another quake
ReplyDeletei agree with becky too
ReplyDeletewho is Anonymous???
ReplyDeleteIt Would be an Earthquake.
ReplyDeleteI don't know who Anonymous is.
ReplyDeleteUSING PERSONIFACATION I THINK THAT THE BIG EARTHQUAKE IS THE AFTERSHOCKS MOTHER
ReplyDeleteWould it become an earthquake if it was around about 6.9 or 6.8 or 7.00.
ReplyDelete